I’m going to debate Professor Oyvind Ihlen at a one-day conference, PR and Disruption: Embracing and Surviving Change, 10th July, 2013, at London College of Communication in central London.
I’ll be arguing that firms and the PR industry should enhance their reputations by focusing on innovation and economic growth. In the process, I’ll interrogate CSR and sustainable development. Oyvind will counter me by arguing that firms and PR must perform a wider social role to enhance civil society. It looks set to be an exciting battle of ideas.
Moreover, ours is just one of a number of face-offs and clashes of opinion that look set to make it a rewarding event to attend. Speakers include:
- Oyvind Ihlen – Professor of Media and Communications, University of Oslo and internationally renowned and prize-winning academic
- Nic Newman – Digital strategist and fellow at Oxford University’s Reuter’s Journalism Institute
- Dom Burch – Head of Social Media, Walmart-UK
- Alison Theaker – Author, The Public Relations Handbook and independent academic
- Drew Benvie – Founder and MD, Battenhall and ex-CEO, Hotwire
- Paul Seaman – MD of West PR-Seaman and PR blogger
- Heather Yaxley – Co-author, The Public Relations Strategic Toolkit and independent academic
- John Shewell – Founder and MD at Colab and ex-Head of Communications, Brighton and Hove Council
- Tom Allan – Global Engagement Manager, ActionAid
The complete list of speakers is on the conference website and a full itinerary can be found here. The day concludes with a drinks reception and networking opportunity.
Full-day attendance is £125 (inc. VAT) and half-day (morning or afternoon) is £75 (inc. VAT).
Book a place now: http://bit.ly/PRdisrupt